Thursday, January 7, 2010

Who wrote 1 Nephi & 2 Nephi? How much did they write?

I read all of 1 Nephi and 2 Nephi and marked down who wrote each chapter. Nephi often quotes Lehi and Isaiah. Jacob quotes Isaiah too. Interesting that Nephi only wrote half of the 2 books named after him. We really don't have much of Nephi's writings. I wish we could read the large plates of Nephi. I logged each writer by chapter. It would be another project to log by words, which would be more accurate since all the chapters are not uniform in length.



It took me about an hour to navigate Excell 2000 until I could get it to make this lovely pie chart with the labels. I am so pleased with it!

4 comments:

  1. Miriam,

    Are you counting words, verses, chapters, lines, characters, syllables, or something else. You mentioned chapters in your post text.

    Also, Lehi didn't write it; rather, Nephi wrote Lehi's words, along with Jacob's. You may wish to clarify this.

    Will you please share your spreadsheet?

    Thanks,
    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tagged this article "Excell"; I believe you meant "Excel" as in "Microsoft Excel"

    ReplyDelete