Saturday, November 14, 2015

My Gmail inbox is completely EMPTY for the first time in YEARS, thanks to The FlyLady, the awesomeness of Evernote, Any.do and Boomerang.

Nov 2015 Update:

I currently use Remember the Milk, but I still use this system.
____________

Don't you just love it when technology helps make your life better!?
English: Gmail logo


English: Gmail logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)



First I set the inbox to only show 5 emails (out of over 200). That way I was not overwhelmed and actually wanted to take care of those 5 emails because it wasn't too much. - This was a method learned fromThe FlyLady.




Then I used the Evernote web clipper to save all the important information that was hanging around in my email but didn't need to be in emails. I clipped it, filed it and have it searchable on all my devices (phone, computer, tablet).




Things that needed taken care of I made a to-do item for in Any.do with the Any.do extension in Gmail, right at the bottom of the email.




And emails that I needed to look at later I used Boomerang to resend them to me when needed or if someone doesn't respond within a set time it sends me back the email. Beautiful harmony of the 3 technology along with the motivation from Flylady and I cleared it all up! Years and years worth in that inbox! Wow.
www.flylady.net/
https://evernote.com/ 
www.any.do/ 
www.boomeranggmail.com/


 



No comments:

Post a Comment