Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Who Wrote this part of Moses 4?





Moses 4:32 (And these are the words which I spake unto my servant Moses, and they are true even as I will; and I have spoken them unto you. See thou show them unto no man, until I command you, except to them that believe. Amen.)


"I spake unto my servant Moses,"  Who is the I?  An angel, Jesus? 
"I have spoken them unto you."  Who is the I?  An angel, Moses, Joseph Smith?  Who is the you?  Joseph Smith?


As I type this I have been given the answer.  The first I is Jesus for these things are true even as Jesus wills it.  Jesus has spoken them unto Joseph Smith in translating the Bible.  So he was commanded not to show or publish the book of Moses until commanded, except to them that believe.  


This text shows that some truths are sacred, some are secret, some are secret to the non-believer.  And it is up to the Holy Ghost to tell us when to share and what to share of sacred experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment